Monday, May 09, 2011

We live in London baby!

Well, technically we haven't lived in London for about 15 years now, but I do so love a bit of Roy Ayers.  I went down alone (I tell you, I felt naked without the rest of Team Becca by my side) very early on Saturday  morning, to visit an old friend from NYC who was in London for a few days, for about 24 hours (returning to central Scotland by the afternoon on Sunday).  While there, we stopped by the Primrose Bakery .  I bought a Peanut Butter cupcake, which was really tasty.  Plenty of peanut taste and actual Reese's peanut butter drops as the decoration, so cute!  Here's a cheesy photo of me outside said bakery, though not actually eating the cupcake.
After visiting Tavistock St, Covent Garden and the afore-mentioned bakery, it was a short walk to Wardour St in Soho and the Hummingbird Bakery .  Again, here's a cheesy pic of me outside this bakery and from these guys I chose a Black Bottomed and a Saturday-special Mango cupcake.  Both were really really good, moist flavoursome sponge and smooth tasty icing.  I don't actually have the Hummingbird cook book (either of them), but have downloaded some recipes off t'internet.  And have now downloaded this Black Bottomed one, as it was sooooo chocolately.  Shall attempt it soon myself, and will, of course, let you know how I got on.

1 comment:

  1. Looked like fun! How fun visiting cake shops on your trip I really couldn't think of doing anything better, might ask my hubby if I can go away alone sometime hehe :)Cake business looks really good! I may have to place an order next time I have an event.

    ReplyDelete

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)