Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Hummingbird Bakery traditional brownies

Finally we had a chance to bake something new and delicious just for us - I chose the Hummingbird Bakery's Traditional Brownies from their first book.  Truthfully I was going to do Nigella Lawson's Everyday Brownies, because that's the one that has worked consistently before but then my friend mentioned on Facebook that she couldn't stop making these ones, so here we are.  I do want to try out most recipes in the book, so what better way to dip in than by recommendation. 
I started just after serving the girls their dinner, and they were keen to eat quickly so they could help stir the ingredients (after much bubbles and handwashing, of course).  My oven seems to need a little less time than is usually suggested, so after 32 minutes I took them out.  The tray didn't wobble so I was worried I'd overdone them, and left them to cool in the tray.  As the girls were getting their bedtime stories, the house smelled chocolicious - yum!
At first, I didn't even decorate them with icing sugar, so sure was I that they were overdone.  I cut straight into the middle to test them - and boy, were they good!  Really squidgy, just about perfect.  Needless to say, I dusted them with icing sugar and cut them into bite-size pieces.  I've been quite restrained and managed to eat just one, so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)