Friday, October 26, 2012

Oooh, a hen party...

I see a lot of interesting cake decoration techniques and effects on my travels through cyberspace, and either mentally or actually bookmark many of them for future reference.  A prevalent recent one is animal print on cakes, like cow print on a Toy Story cake, or zebra print or leopard print.  In most cases these are a case of cutting shapes in black sugarpaste and placing them on top of white sugarpaste to make the design, but in the case of the latter two, I've actually seen them done in the sponge itself.
Zebra-print I'm planning to try out at some point... but leopard print had me stumped.  I read  how to do it and still didn't really get it.  And didn't really mind, because my girls are a bit young for animal-print anything just yet and I've been busy enough just now with holidays and back-to-school and life in general not to have oodles of time in which to experiment.  Then this one looked easier, but I only just read it now...
Anyway, I couldn't find any leopard-print cupcake cases at short notice, so here's what the customer and I worked out would co-ordinate with her theme/idea for her best friend's hen do.  Classic Vanilla cupcakes in dark brown cases with either white, black or chocolate sugarpaste accents and some lustre and sparkle...  Have a blast ladies!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)