Saturday, April 06, 2013

Cinnamon rolls, fresh from the oven

I love cinnamon rolls.  And Danish pastries.  And basically most bread type products.  I mean, seriously, who doesn't??  I bet even Coeliacs and gluten-allergy sufferers probably still love the smell of fresh baked bread, even though they can't partake in quite the same gluttonous way.  Anyway, I digress, and I don't like to go too far off topic.
My good friend P, who just happens to be Swedish and the daughter-in-law of a baker (and wife of a keen home bread baker), made us her cinnamon rolls using the huge chunks of Swedish Pearl Sugar on top for decoration.  She up and left me a few months back (meany, the whole family relocated and we've all been down in the dumps ever since) but did leave me her recipe and a box of Parlsucker (that's probably not how you spell it, sorry P!).  So one day, I surely intend to bake them and report back to her, via Skype, ha ha.
In the meantime, we went to Ikea a couple of weekends ago and I brought back these goodies.
Yep, that's right - the Ikea cheat's version of P's Swedish cinnamon rolls!  Well, I had fancied them last night and these were by far easier to whip up for The Team breakfast.  And they were pretty darn good too...
Mmm,  now, just to find that recipe of P's and get started on the real thing...

5 comments:

  1. I was drooling over these then realised I had a bag in the freezer! Off to pop the oven on, thanks for reminding me Becca!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem, you're most welcome. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to see yours on Skype but how VERY unswedish to have them for breakfast!! I almost fell of my chair :-)
    /Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? Sorry. When in Sweden, when should one eat them?

      Delete
  3. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. best air fryer for college student

    ReplyDelete

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)