Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Royal Wedding, part 1

We're having afternoon tea with old friends tomorrow, and it's Prince William and soon-to-be Princess Catherine's wedding on Friday, so I felt I ought to bake accordingly.  I had this fab idea to do a two-colour sponge and ice and layer it with jam and buttercream icing.  I had the red and the blue and the 'white', but unfortunately not quite the right equipment.  My sandwich tins seem really quite shallow, so I figured I'd just use a normal cake tin and slice it horizontally.  As they say, the best laid plans...
Seems a good idea, right?  I put the red mix under the blue, and kind of just assumed they'd stay in those positions.  Didn't quite work out that way, more like a Spiderman blend of sorts.  Still, I sliced, layered and iced and this is how it turned out.  Will take an interior shot tomorrow, once it's been cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)