Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy giant birthday Laura

A friend of a friend saw our photos on our Facebook page and like them so much, she requested a giant cupcake for her daughter's birthday.  The only requirement?  Pink! 
Using the last blue and white one as a guide, I again rolled out fondant to cover the base and used it to make the disc at the front, so they matched.  Her name was Laura, so I got to use my new embossing set to do the disc.  I wanted to do pink icing on the top half, so planned to use white for the decorations - sprayed with gold lustre to make them stand out more. 
I was quite pleased with this one, as I managed to make the rose swirls smaller and tighter, and thus fit 2 rows all the way around.  I delivered it earlier this morning, and the client was thrilled.  Some of her colleagues had waited around to see it too, and were also impressed  So pleased.  Then I got a comment on the Facebook page photo to say that not only did the birthday girl love it, it tasted great too - yippee!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Becca,

    What an absolutely beautiful cupcake! It's obvious that you enjoy doing what you do and you bring delight to your customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! What girl WOULDN'T want that giant cupcake for her birthday? Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweets look gorgeous and yummy, Becca. And I LOVE that you bake with your girls. I have 5 grandsons and baking together is often on our sleep-over agenda:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies - what lovely comments. And how exciting to get comments, woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)