Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cinnamon cheesecake a la Donna Hay

Mmm, doesn't that cake look great - a baked cheesecake (here's Donna's classic baked cheesecake recipe for you to see), with fresh local Scottish strawberries.  This beauty was a Donna Hay recipe that I cut from a Sunday newspaper colour supplement, and it didn't disappoint.  The original recipe was actually for a pear and cinnamon cake, but when I read it through the pears were actually just for decoration on top.  They were cooked to start with in a sugary syrup, and placed on top at the end, with the syrup drizzled over, but still...
I felt that it was going to be a fair bit of extra time and work involved, for not that much pay-off.  So I cheated a little.  I made the cake according to the recipe instructions (I always do that the first time, then I write notes in case I want to tweak things for subsequent bakings) and that was all fine and went well.  I felt it looked a bit naked when fully done - smelt amazing, but looked naked.  We had some fresh berries in the fridge, so on they went, with a touch of real Canadian maple syrup for added taste.  You can't really see the drizzle in the photo, but it was there...
This was the first time in a while that I'd baked a cheesecake, and it won't be the last!  It was really delicious, with a light delicate cinnamon taste.  Another winner from the fabulous Ms Hay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)