Friday, May 04, 2012

G'day mate, fancy some chocolate?

I've started going to an exercise class on a Monday morning, as they have a creche so Mini-2 is ok there.  They also have a class on a Friday afternoon, but I've not made it to that yet - one week I had a bad dizzy spell and today I felt like baking instead.  We had a playdate this afternoon with friends we hadn't seen for months, and we were all looking forward to it.  I thought cookies would go down nicely for all.

I wanted to try another from the Donna Hay (Australia's Nigella Lawson) book my friend C gave me for a birthday a couple of years ago, Simple Essentials - Chocolate.  There were a few from which to choose, but the Double Chocolate ones looked perfect for the time I had available and I had all the ingredients to hand.  They needed a lot of chocolate - some melted into the mix, some chopped into the mix.  See what I mean? That's a lot of chocolate chips, and more were added after this photo.
The mix was a bit dry, but easily made over 3 dozen small-medium sized cookies, yum.  And they went down a storm with our friends...  Want one?

3 comments:

  1. They look great Becca. I made choc chip cookies this week too. Mine had milk, dark and white chocolate chips. Didn't last long at work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jac, yes I saw yours - love the comparison testing! Great minds think alike I guess, ha ha

      Delete
  2. I realise that 'fancy some ___' is not an Australian expression. Any Aussie readers out there? What would the correct expression be please? 'Want some choccy'??

    ReplyDelete

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)